Size: 3.5x3.5x3cm for Eazy Plug CT6, CT12, CT24, CT66 and CT77
Properties Eazy Plug
Description: Organic plug/block specially formulated for optimum germination of seeds or rapid rooting of cuttings
1) pH 5.5-6.0
2) EC 1.0
3) Open structure allowing an always correct balance of water and air :
Overwatering is practically impossible, if the plugs/b;ocks can drain out. Eazy Plug automatically drain the excess water, so there is always a perfect air/water optimum for a healthy root environment.
4) Water buffering properties:
The Eazy Plug buffers more water than loose potting soil or Rockwool. This puts the plant less in a stressful situation of too little water and the cutting continues to grow better, resulting in faster and more vigorous rooting. Because of the water buffering properties the cutting has the necessary water available for a longer period of time, even if the supply would stagnate or even stop. This again creates a stable humidity level, better and easier to manage and less sensitive to user errors or errors of the watering system.
5) Improved manageability of the crop in order to be able to develop a stronger and better yield generating plant:
By way of the water, EC and pH buffering properties of the Eazy Plug, the plant can be generatively controlled better. This can increase the quality of the plant or if desired delay the time of re-potting. By watering the plant a bit later, or by watering it sparingly the plant will respond with a reduced growth. The dry matter content of the plant will thus increase. This way the plant will become stronger and will be able to g§enerate more flowers. When using rock wool, this manageability is significantly less and much more difficult because a reduced water supply has a direct influence on the moisture level but also results in different pH and EC values.
6) Basic fertilizer for the first 2-3 weeks:
Eazy Plug are equipped with a soft basic fertilizer for the vulnerable first 2-3 weeks. After this period the user needs to take care of fertilization. The user is also able to add fertilizer right from the start. The method of adding fertilizer is no different than when using rockwool or potting soil, but the plug is going to deal with it in a different way. Because of the buffer of the Eazy Plug, the possibility of making a mistake in the fertilization is much smaller than when using Rockwool or potting soil. This user friendliness often results in faster rooting and better growth.
7) Compatibility with Rockwool or any other medium:
Because of the composition and structure of the Eazy Plug they can easily be placed in Rockwool slaps and/or blocks or any other medium. The roots will continue to grow from the plugs into the Rockwool without any adjustment problems, while even maintaining the correct water balance.
8) Supplied dried or moistened:
Standard the Eazy Plug are being supplied dried, as for retail purposes this is a clean and lighweight packaging with zero risk on molds. Re-moistening is easy and amazingly fast, retaining all of the original characteristics. On customer demand the Eazy Plug can also be supplied with a ready-to-use wetness, as we do to the professional horticulture.
9) Stabilized Eazy Plug :
Eazy Plug will always remain firmly “glued” together as a whole, which minimizes the risks of root damage and plant diseases and ensures a continuing smooth “uptake” during the sorting and transplantation of the plants. Even if there are not yet roots.
10) In case of dehydration the Eazy Plug easily take water back up:
Even if the Eazy Plug have been preserved for a long time and are completely dried out, they easily and directly take water back up amazingly fast. All original features will remain intact.
The Eazy Plug is compostable as a whole. This way the Eazy Plug is easy to get rid of and can even be used as a soil improver.
1. Water the Eazy Plug (or complete trays with Eazy Plug) until they start draining out excess water. Just immerse the tray completely into water or pour water over largely. Do not squeeze out or dry the plugs, the Eazy Plug® is self-regulating and will hold the water it needs for an optimum moisture level and an optimum air-to-water ratio. The plug will feel much heavier and wetter as rockwool, but that’s normal.
2. Place the seed into the seed hole. In case of a cutting hole ensure the seed is not too deep and do not press it in too deep. You can break off a small corner of the plug and put it into the top of the hole to cover the seed, but that should never be more than a layer of about 5 mm. For most seed types this covering is not a necessity. After sowing, sprinkle the plug shortly with some water, to ensure the seed is wet.
3. Put the tray with Eazy Plug into a propagator, close the lid of the propagator and any present air vent. Closing the lid and air vents will keep the moisture into the system.
4. Make sure the tray with Eazy Plug is able to fully drain off excess water at all times, so the Eazy Plug can always self-regulate the correct amount of moisture. Never let the bottom of the Eazy Plug touch water, as the moisture absorption of Eazy Plug is exceptionaly good and the Eazy Plug will quickly become too wet, which will have a negative effect on the rate of success.
5. Until the first appearance of roots, one should always keep the Eazy Plug® moisten enough. The Eazy Plug themselve contain sufficient moisture for germination and with the use of a completely closed propagator the moisture remains into the system and the Eazy Plug® and seeds are not likely to dry in those first few days. Loss of moisture caused by an open lid or air vent can cause rapid dehydration, which can seriously effect your success rate.
6. Eazy Plug has a base fertilizer for the first 2-3 weeks, after which you need to add fertilizer.
The optimum soil temperature for germinating seeds is 20-25 degrees Celsius. However, make sure that the seed itself is no warmer than 25 degrees Celsius. Take into account that most lamps generate radiant heat which raises the temperature of the seed itself to a higher level than the temperatrure of the air or soil. To avoid any risk, a seed temperature of 22-23 degrees Celsius is advisable. Above 25 degrees Celsius, you must consider a serious failure rate for most seed types.
2. RH (humidity)
RH of 80% is perfect. The seeds and Eazy Plug will not dry.
In general there are only a few seed types where light is an absolute requirement to germinate. For most seed types, the application of an additional light source delivers only risks to excessive heat development of the seed (radiant heat) and dehydration of both seed and plug. Just daylight or even a dark room situation will be OK for most seed types to germinate. Should you decide to put in an additional light source, then realize that most seeds only need very little light of of a certain color. You should use the right lamp at enough distance from the cutting.
Eazy plug® is self-regulating:
An Eazy Plug has a neutral pH level of 5.5-6.0 and this pH level is buffered. Small deviations can be corrected by the plug.
The Eazy Plug also gets a basic fertilizer with it, which is good for the first 2-3 weeks.